SAVE THE DATE!
21st October 2017
11 am – 3 pm
The Belgrave Lake Park Cottage Playgroup invite you and your family to join us in a celebrating our past and present Playgroup Community.
It’s been roughly 35 years since the Belgrave Lake Park Cottage Playgroup began!
We are celebrating the lifelong friendships and connections that attending and volunteering at our Playgroup can give. The Cottage has also been used for countless other activities over the years and we would love you to come along and share your story.
We will be:
- Unveiling an Acknowledgement of Country plaque,
- Opening an Indigenous themed, dry river style, sensory garden in the front yard,
- Creating content for and burying a TIME CAPSULE!
- Hosting outdoor story-time sessions
- Making Mosaics for permanent display in our garden
- Crafting super-special history themed artworks to take home
- Displaying whatever photos we can get showing how people have played here over the years and…
- Reminiscing with new and old friends about the Cottage.
We’d love you to come along on the day. We should have at least three generations of playful folk represented! If you can, we’d appreciate you bringing a plate of food to share, preferably themed to the era you attended!
Please send photos you are happy for us to share to firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate ANY photos you have. If you have hard copies we are happy to scan them and get them back to you ASAP.
If you have a story about what the Playgroup means, or has meant, to you please email that too. We hope to assemble some stories and photos into a small book which can be ordered on the day.
Please share this event widely through your networks.
Please email email@example.com or phone Emma on 043 4019 346 for press and general enquiries.
This event also occurs during History Week and Children’s Week 2017 and we hope to celebrate both!
Here’s a sneak peak at what might happen on the day. And what did happen at the Cottage back in The Summer of ’81.
Our little Playgroup is famous!
Mamma Knows East have taken some super cute photos of our space and some of the young Playgroup attendees and they’re on their website now.
Please let any friends and family know about the weekend party venue hire mentioned too. This helps us keep our fees down. Party info is here.
Mamma Knows East article is here.
Our yearly fundraiser is coming up in a month – Saturday the 20th of May.
We’ll be cooking sausages and onions and also selling cold drinks to the hopefully hungry customers at Bunnings Scoresby.
Every group will need to have 4 members on their 2-2.5 hour time slot.
Details on this poster: BLPC Bunnings BBQ 2017 20.4.17
Please make sure you give your name and mobile to your group’s committee rep. before the 1st of May.
BLPC Playgroup Committee.
Our Playgroup has started collecting items to take to St Kilda Mums for the needy families in their networks.
If you have some of the items below that you would like to donate to them please leave them in the black chest near the fridge at the Cottage anytime or in the art room if too large. One of our committee members will store them until we can transport them to town.
Typical things you can donate are listed here:
- Cots, prams, car restraints, highchairs, toddler beds, bassinets and change tables have safety standards. If you bought these in Australia in the last 8 years they should be fine and otherwise check the ACCC website to ensure your items comply with the current safety standard.
- Clothing from premmie to size 10 years – freshly laundered please
- Small toys, games and puzzles – less than 45 cm in size
- Cot and bassinette linen (not single bed)
Please have a look at their website for a list of items they don’t accept. We also have the list printed up at the cottage.
Thank you in advance for your generosity.
Please note: We want EVERYONE to feel free to take items from the collection bin for their own use. If you see it, and need it, then take it! Don’t be shy.
Here’s our summer-ish newsletter that all members should have received by email last month.
If you didn’t, please read it HERE as there’s some juicy things happening, and then email us and we’ll add you to the list.